TechBloglogy

Sunday, May 08, 2005

360 Prediction


This is not the next Xbox console.

Here is why I believe this is not the next Xbox console. MS has been pushing the idea of having one box that will do it all. Access stored music, video, photos, on demand content and finally play video games. MCE does all of these functions except play video games. So of course the next gen Xbox will be an extender. Now you have a box that will do it all.

Lets face it, Xbox was never about the aesthetics. It was all about what was under the hood. This 360 is about being the center piece of entertainment. Being as such it should integrate seamlessly with the rest of your A/V equipment. Now look at the picture.

Point 2, take a look at what has been speculated as being a camera. The thing is almost the size of a DLP projector,(exaggerating but it would be a nice add-on).
finally this is supposed to be a picture of what MS revealed at a launch party. I would expect a better display. I mean really, a Styrofoam head?

I think what we are seeing is one of numerous concept pieces. Yes I do believe the neXtbox was there but I also believe camera phones were not and security was tight around it. We shall see soon enough.

Flame away kids!!!

Update: Ok so I was wrong!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home